1. Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep in Kramer Vs. Kramer
They play a couple getting divorced, so how perfect is that?
via Critic Odecine | Simply Streep
2. Vince Vaughn And Reese Witherspoon in Four Christmases
While shooting a dinner scene, Witherspoon actually got hit with a plate and needed five stitches. Apparently, she still hates Vaughn off camera.
via Channel 4
3. Leonardo DiCaprio And Claire Danes In Romeo And Juliet
It’s an unbelievable irony that these two played the greatest lovers in fiction and hate each other’s guts at the same time! It’s a true testament to how committed these two were to their roles.
via The Red List
4. Richard Gere And Debra Winger In An Officer And A Gentleman
Given that they were constantly cat-fighting on the set during filming, it’s amazing that both actors were able to make their love story plausible and dynamic on screen at all.
via Pop Sugar | Paramount Pictures
5. Ryan Gosling And Rachel McAdams In The Notebook
Once shooting began, Gosling allegedly asked director Nick Casavettes to have McAdams replaced, and McAdams started a screaming match once she found out.
via Daily Mail | Snap Stills / REX
6. Julia Roberts And Nick Nolte In I Love Trouble
It’s not just a catchy title, because apparently there was deadly chemistry between these two leads trying to perform a love story.
7. Sharon Stone And Billy Baldwin In Sliver
Allegedly, Baldwin blew his top and raised his voice after Stone’s diva antics went into overdrive during filming.
via Den Of Geek
8. Pierce Brosnan And Teri Hatcher In Tomorrow Never Dies
After Hatcher was constantly late for work and would delay production for hours, Brosnan said some nasty things about his female lead. It turns out taht the reason she’d been late was that she discovered she was pregnant!
9. Patrick Swayze And Jennifer Grey In Dirty Dancing
It’s ironic to think that arguably the most celebrated love story of the ’80s was spurred on by backstage drama caused by Grey having to endlessly redo the dance sequences. She apparently burst into tears because Swayze was getting irritated.
10. Marilyn Monroe And Tony Curtis In Some Like It Hot
This classic romantic comedy from master director Billy Wilder went off the rails off screen because the two had been a real couple only to break up right before shooting the film.
via Daily Mail
11. Anthony Hopkins And Shirley MacLaine In A Change Of Seasons
When interviewed about his experience on set, Hopkins said, “She was the most obnoxious actress I have ever worked with.”
12. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson On The X-Files
Although they were one of the greatest teams TV has ever seen, they almost ripped each other apart off camera.
via Fans Share
13. Jamie Dornan And Dakota Johnson In Fifty Shades Of Grey
These stars not only had strict nudity clauses in their contracts, but last-minute casting changes due to Charlie Hunnam dropping out caused tension between them. Not to mention that all those super awkward sex scenes must have made all of the interviews together super weird.
via Mirror | Getty
14. Chad Michael Murray And Sophia Bush On One Tree Hill
After getting married in 2005 after falling in love on the set of the hit show, they got divorced five months later. They still went on to complete filming the show. That’s dedication!
via Guy Speed | Getty Images
15. Jason Lee And Shannen Doherty in Mallrats
Supposedly, Doherty was so nasty off camera that Lee refused to talk to her unless the cameras were rolling on a scene because he couldn’t stand her.
via Geek Tyrant
16. Charlie Sheen And Selma Blair On Anger Management
Sheen allegedly had Blair written out of the show only to fire her through a scathing text message. Blair never responded, but it’s not the first time Charlie Sheen has been said to be difficult to work with.